In December 1992, “Evidence” label released “African Venus” the twelve Dewey Redman album. It was recorded in December 1992, at “Sound on Sound Studio” in New York City and was produced by Inc. Big Apple Productions.
- Dewey Redman – alto and tenor saxophone, musette
- Joshua Redman – tenor saxophone
- Charles Eubanks – piano
- Anthony Cox – bass
- Carl Allen – drums
- Danny Sadownick – percussion
All tracks by Dewey Redman except where noted.
- African Venus
- Venus and Mars
- Mr. Sandman – Pat Ballard
- Echo Prayer
- Satin Doll – Duke Ellington, Johnny Mercer, Billy Strayhorn
- Take the “A” Train – Billy Strayhorn
- Turnaround – Ornette Coleman