In December 1957, “Riverside” label released “The Chicago Sound”, the only Wilbur Ware album. It was recorded in October – November 1957, at “Reeves Sound Studios” in New York City, and was produced by Orrin Keepnews.
- Wilbur Ware – bass
- Johnny Griffin – tenor saxophone
- John Jenkins – alto saxophone
- Junior Mance – piano
- Wilbur Campbell, Frankie Dunlop – drums
All tracks Wilbur Ware except where noted.
- Body and Soul – Frank Eyton, Johnny Green, Edward Heyman, Robert Sour
- Desert Sands – Paul Dunlap, Edward Heyman, Stuff Smith
- 31st and State
- Lullaby of the Leaves – Bernice Petkere, Joe Young
- Latin Quarters – John Jenkins
- Be-Ware – John Jenkins
- The Man I Love – George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin