On August 13, 1962, “Columbia” label released “The Tender, the Moving, the Swinging Aretha Franklin”, the third Aretha Franklin studio album. It was recorded April 27; May 4–5; May 11, at “Columbia Recording Studios” in New York City, and was produced by Robert Mersey.
- Aretha Franklin – vocals, piano
- Robert Mersey- personal supervisor, arrangements, conductor
- Don Hunstein – cover photography
- Don’t Cry, Baby – Saul Bernie, James P. Johnson, Stella Unger
- Try a Little Tenderness – James Campbell and Reginald Connelly, Harry M. Woods
- I Apologize – Al Hoffman, Al Goodhart, Ed Nelson
- Without the One You Love – Aretha Franklin
- Look for the Silver Lining – Jerome Kern, B.G. DeSylva
- I’m Sitting on Top of the World – Ray Henderson, Sam M. Lewis, Joe Young
- Just for a Thrill – Lil Hardin Armstrong, Don Raye
- God Bless the Child – Billie Holiday, Arthur Herzog, Jr.
- I’m Wandering – Berry Gordy, Jr., Tyran Carlo
- How Deep Is the Ocean – Irving Berlin
- I Don’t Know You Anymore – Gary Geld, Peter Udell
- Lover Come Back to Me – Sigmund Romberg, Oscar Hammerstein II