On December 25, 2009, James Victor Chesnutt died aged 45. He was songwriter and musician (guitar, singer), Chesnutt collaborated with many musicians and bands including Bob Mould, Widespread Panic, Elf Power, Danger Mouse, Lambchop, Bill Frisell and Jonathan Richman. He recorded 17 albums during his career.
On September 8, 2017, Donald Ray Williams died aged 78. He was singer and songwriter, known by the nick name “Gentle Giant” of the country music. He had 17 number one country hits, and his songs has been covered by many artists including Johnny Cash, Eric Clapton, Waylon Jennings, Pete Townshend, Claude Russell Bridges, Lefty Frizzell, Josh Turner, Sonny James, Alison Krauss, Billy Dean, Charley Pride, Kenny Rogers, Lambchop, Alan Jackson, Tomeu Penya, and Bonnie “Prince” Billy. In 2010, he was inducted in the “Country Music Hall of Fame”.
On February 19, 2010, “Merge” label released “Is a Woman”, the sixth Lambchop studio album. It was recorded January -July 2001 in Nashville, and was produced by Mark Nevers and Kurt Wagner.
- Allan Lowrey – percussion, drums
- Scott Chase – percussion
- Tony Crow – piano, acetone, juno, homo machine
- Alex McManus– electric guitar, acoustic guitar
- Jonathan Marx – juno, sampler
- Marky Nevers – space guitar, noise guitar, acetone
- William Tyler – acoustic guitar, electric guitar, acetone
- Paul Burch jr.– vibes, snare, shaker, brushed snare
- Kurt Wagner – vocal, guitar, moog, acetone, casio
- Marc Trovillion – bass
- Matt Swanson – bass
- Paul Niehaus – electric guitar, steel guitar
- Rob Stanley – acoustic guitar
- Terry Baker – drums, percussion
- Tammy Pierce – background vocals
- Lisa Crabtree – background vocals
- John Delworth – acetone, juno
- Deanna Varagona – baritone saxophone
- Curtiss Pernice – acoustic guitar
All tracks by Kurt Wagner, except “Caterpillar” written by D.C. Book and Kurt Wagner.
- The Daily Growl
- The New Cobweb Summer
- My Blue Wave
- I Can Hardly Spell My Name
- Autumn’s Vicar
- Scott Parsley
- The Old Matchbook Trick
- Is a Woman