On June 4, 2020, Rupert Neville Hine died aged 72. He was musician (various instruments), songwriter and record producer. As producer he worked with Kevin Ayers, Bob Geldof, Howard Jones, Saga, Thompson Twins, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Chris de Burgh, Suzanne Vega and Rush. Under his real name, under the pseudo-band name Thinkman, and as a member of the band Quantum Jump, Hine released eleven albums.
On March 9, 2020, Keith Alan Olsen died aged 74. He was music producer and sound engineer, worked on more than 100 albums. As producer he earned 24 Platinum and 14 multi-Platinum album certifications. He has worked with many artists including Eternity’s Children, The Millennium, James Gang, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Sons of Champlin, Grateful Dead, Bob Weir, Foreigner, Santana, The Babys, Rick Springfield, Pat Benatar, Sammy Hagar, Rick Springfielld, Heart, Kim Carnes, Joe Walsh, 38 Special, Bad Company, Saga, Whitesnake, Starship, Carlos Santana, Ozzy Osbourne, Night Ranger, Kingdom Come, Magnum, Eric Burdon & the Animals, Journey, Eddie Money, Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Scorpions.
On November 6, 2007, “InsideOut Music”and “SPV GmbH” labels released “10,000 Days”, the eighteenth Saga album. It was recorded in 2007, and was produced by Michael Sadler, Ian Crichton, Jim Crichton, Jim Gilmour and Brian Doerner.
- Michael Sadler – vocals, keyboards, engineer
- Ian Crichton – guitars, engineer
- Jim Crichton – bass, keyboards, engineer, mixing
- Jim Gilmour – vocals, keyboards, engineer
- Brian Doerner – drums, engineer
- Mark Fortuna – drums recording
- Peter van’t Riet – mastering
- Warren Flanagan – illustrations
- Patrick Zahorodniuk – graphic design
- Book of Lies
- Can’t You See me Now
- More Than I Deserve
- Sound Advice
- 10,000 Days
- It Never Ends
In January 1981, “Portrait” label released “Worlds Apart”, the fourth Saga studio album. It was recorded 1977-1981, at “The Farmyard” in Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire, UK, and was produced by Rupert Hine.
- Michael Sadler – lead vocals, Moog synthesizer
- Ian Crichton- guitar
- Jim Gilmour – lead synthesizer, backing and lead vocals, clarinet
- Jim Crichton – bass guitar, Yamaha Electric Grand Piano, synthesizer
- Steve Negus– acoustic and electronic drums, percussion
- Recorded and engineered by Stephen W Tayler
- Ian Morais, David Rolfe – assistant engineers
- Mastered by Bob Ludwig
All tracks by Ian Crichton, Jim Crichton, Jim Gilmour, Steve Negus, and Michael Sadler except where noted.
- On the Loose
- Wind Him Up
- Time’s Up
- The Interview – Jim Crichton, Michael Sadler
- No Regrets (Chapter Five)
- Conversations – Jim Crichton, Michael Sadler
- No Stranger (Chapter Eight) – Jim Crichton, Michael Sadler