On May 16, 2010, Ronald James Padavona aka Ronnie James Dio died aged 67. He was singer – songwriter and composer, member and singer of bands Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabath, Dio and Heaven & Hell.
On January 23, 2016, James Stewart Bain died aged 68. He was musician (bass, guitar, keyboards), vocalist and songwriter, performed and recorded with Phil Lynott, Wild Horses, Gary Moore, Hear ‘n Aid, Ian Hunter, John Cale and Last in Line, but was best known as member and bass player of Rainbow and Dio.
On November 11, 2014, “Metropolis Records” label released “Superstition”, the sixth Birthday Massacre studio album. It was recorded in 2014, at “Dire Studios”, “The Altar Studios” in Toronto, Canada, and was produced by Michael Rainbow and Michael Falcore.
- Chibi – performance
- Michael Rainbow – performance, mixing, album cover design
- Michael Falcore – performance, mixing
- Aaron Cunningham – design, artwork
- Nathaniel Radmacher – additional bass
- Nik Pesut – additional percussion
- Dave Ogilvie – mix engineer, mixing
- Karl Dicaire – assistant mix engineer
- Noah Mintz – mastering
- Owen MacKinder – album cover design
- Andrew Rainbow – album cover photography
All tracks by Chibi, Rainbow and Michae Falcore, except where noted.
- Superstition – co-written with Aaron Cunningham
- The Other Side
On October 9, 2012, “Metropolis” label released “Hide and Seek”, the fifth Birthday Massacre studio album. It was recorded January – July 2012, and was produced by Rainbow and Michael Falcore.
- Chibi – vocals
- Rainbow – rhythm guitar
- Falcore – lead guitar
- Rhim – drums
- Owen – keyboards
- Nate Manor – bass
- Dave Ogilvie – mixing
- Kevin James Maher – programming
All tracks by Chibi, Rainbow and M. Falcore, except where noted.
- Leaving Tonight
- Play With Fire – Aaron Cunningham, Chibi, Rainbow, M. Falcore
- One Promise
- In This Moment
- Cover My Eyes
- The Long Way Home
On August 9, 2020, Martin Birch died aged 71. He was a music producer and sound engineer, worked with numerous musicians and bands including Jeff Beck, Peter Green, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, The Groundhogs, Canned Heat, John Lee Hooker, Rainbow, Toad, Black Sabbath, Skid Row, Stackridge, Faces, Flash, Blue Öyster Cult, Iron Maiden, Silverhead, Gary Moore, Wayne County & the Electric Chairs, Roger Glover, Cozy Powell, and Michael Schenker Group.
In December 1988, “ACL” label released “Ra”, the fourteenth Eloy album. It was recorded in 1988, and was produced by Frank Bornemann.
- Frank Bornemann– lead vocals, guitar
- Michael Gerlach – keyboards, bass synthesizer, drums
- Achim Gieseler – keyboards
- Stefan Höls – bass, backing vocals
- Darryl van Raalte – freetless bass
- Paul Harriman – bass
- Anette Stangenberg – lead vocals
- Diana Baden – whispers
- Tommy Newton – guitars
- Udo Dahmen – drums
- Sue Wist – vocal intro
- Fritz Hilpert – engineering, mixing
All tracks written by Frank Bornemann and Michael Gerlach, except where noted.
- Voyager of the Future Race
- Invasion of a Megaforce – Frank Bornemann, Achim Gieseler
- Rainbow – Frank Bornemann, Achim Gieseler
In July 1975, “Capitol” label released “Stop” the second Eric Burdon Band album. It was recorded 1971-1973, at “Far Out Studios” in San Francisco, and “Dieter Dierks Studios” in Cologne Germany, and was produced by Jerry Goldstein and John Sterling.
- Eric Burdon – lead vocals
- Kim Kesterson, Randy Rice – bass
- John Sterling, Aalon Butler – guitar
- Terry Ryan – keyboards
- Alvin Taylor, George Suranovich – drums
- Moses Wheelock, Alvin Taylor – percussion
- Recording engineers: Chris Huston, Dieter Dierks
- Remix engineers: Chris Huston, Ed Barton
- Album design, design concept: Thomas Warkentin, Jerry Goldstein, Bob Weiner
- Illustration: Thomas Warkentin (from photo by Jim Newport)
- City Boy – Eric Burdon, John Sterling
- Gotta Get it On – John Sterling, Peter Hodgson
- The Man – John Sterling, Jay Mitthauer, Terry Ryan
- I’m Lookin’ Up – John Sterling, Kim Kesterson
- Rainbow – Eric Burdon, Kim Kesterson, Billy Ray Morris
- All I Do – Eric Burdon, Kim Kesterson, John Sterling
- Funky Fever – Terry Ryan, John Sterling
- Be Mine – John Sterling
- The Way it Should Be – John Sterling
- Stop – John Sterling, Kim Kesterson, Robert Haney
In April 1974, “MGM” label released “Carolina County Ball”, the second Elf album. It was recorded January-March, at “The Manor Studio” and was produced by Roger Glover.
- Ronnie James Dio: lead vocals
- Steve Edwards: guitar
- Mickey Lee Soule: keyboards
- Craig Gruber: bass
- Gary Driscoll: drums
- Helen Chappell, Liza Strike, & Barry St. John: backing vocals
- String arrangements: Roger Glover
- Strings: Mountain Fjord, M.D., & Martyn Ford
- Ray Swinfield: clarinet
- Chris Pyne: trombone
- Henry Lowther: trumpet
- The Manor Chorus: vocals
- Simon Heyworth: recording engineer
- Lou (Conway) Austin: recording engineer
- Fin Costello: photographer
All tracks written by Ronnie James Dio and Mickey Lee Soule.
- Carolina County Ball
- A. 59
- Ain’t It All Amusing
- Annie New Orleans
- Rocking Chair Rock’n’Roll Blues
- Do the Same Thing