In August 1958, “Riverside” label released “Big 6”, the debut Blue Mitchell album. It was recorded in July 1958, in New York City, and was produced by Orrin Keepnews.
- Blue Mitchell- trumpet
- Wynton Kelly- piano
- Curtis Fuller- trombone
- Johnny Griffin- tenor saxophone
- Wilbur Ware- bass
- Philly Joe Jones- drums
All tracks by Blue Mitchell, except where noted.
- Blues March – Benny Golson
- Big Six – William Boone Jr.
- There Will Never Be Another You – Mack Gordon, Harry Warren
- Brother Ball
- Jamph – Curtis Fuller
- Sir John
- Promenade – William Boone Jr.