On March 8, 2016, Sir George Henry Martin died aged 90. Being music producer, arranger, composer, conductor,audio engineer and musician, he is best known for his work with The Beatles and sometimes referred to as “the Fifth Beatle”. Martin had 30 number-one hit singles in the UK and 23 number-one hits in the US. In 1996, as recognition of his services to the music industry and popular culture, he was made a “Knight Bachelor”.
On September 25, 1980, John Henry Bonham died aged 32. He was musician and songwriter, best known as Led Zeppelin drummer. in 2016, “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked Bonham the greatest drummer of all time in a list of “100 Greatest Drummers of All Time”.
On September 7, 1978, Keith John Moon died aged 32. He was songwriter, musician (drums) and producer, worked with The Jeff Beck Group, Plastic Ono Band, but best known as drummer of The Who.
“A MusiCares Tribute to Bruce Springsteen” is a concert video filmed in 2013 at the “MusiCares Person of the Year” ceremony to honor and pay tribute to musician Bruce Springsteen for his artistic achievement in the music industry and dedication to philanthropy. The ceremony was hosted by Jon Stewart and features performances by musicians who have long been fans and admirers of Springsteen’s body of work. Springsteen and the E Street Band concluded the ceremony with their own performance. The video is directed by Leon Knoles.
- Adam Raised a Cain – performed by Alabama Shakes
- Because the Night – performed by Patti Smith
- Atlantic City – performed by Natalie Maines, Ben Harper and Charlie Musselwhite
- American Land – performed by Ken Casey of the Dropkick Murphys
- My City of Ruins – performed by Mavis Staples and Zac Brown
- I’m on Fire – performed by Mumford and Sons
- American Skin (41 Shots) -performed by Jackson Browne and Tom Morello
- My Hometown – performed by Emmylou Harris
- One Step Up – performed by Kenny Chesney
- Streets of Philadelphia – performed by Elton John
- Hungry Heart – performed by Juanes
- Tougher Than the Rest – performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
- The Ghost of Tom Joad – performed by Jim James and Tom Morello
- Dancing in the Dark – performed by John Legend
- Lonesome Day – performed by Sting
- Born in the U.S.A. – performed by Neil Young and Crazy Horse
- We Take Care of Our Own – performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Death to My Hometown – performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Thunder Road – performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Born to Run – performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- Glory Days – performed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
The set is released on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital download through “Columbia” label.