On November 18, 2016, “Blackened Recordings” label released “Hardwired… to Self-Destruct”, the tenth Metallica studio album. It was recorded May 2015 – August 2016, at “Metallica’s HQ” in San Rafael, California, and was produced by Greg Fidelman, James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich. The album was certified 2 x Platinum in Austria by “IFPI Austria”, Platinum in Belgium by “BEA”, 2 x Platinum in Canada by “Music Canada”, Platinum in Czech Republic by “IFPI Czech Republic”, Platinum in France by “SNEP”, 2 x Platinum in Germany by “BVMI”, 2 x Platinum in Greece by “IFPI Greece”, Platinum in Hungary by “MAHASZ”, 3 x Platinum in Mexico by “AMPROFON”, 4 x Platinum in Poland by “ZPAV”, and Platinum in USA by “RIAA”.
- James Hetfield– vocals, rhythm guitar
- Kirk Hammett– lead guitar
- Robert Trujillo– bass, backing vocals
- Lars Ulrich– drums
- Dave Collins – mastering
- Greg Fidelman– mixing, recording
- Mike Gillies, Sara Lyn Killion – additional recording
- Ken Matcke – assistant engineering
- Dan Monti, Jim Monti,Jason Gossman – digital editing
- Turner Duckworth – cover design
- Herring & Herring – photography, creative direction
All tracks by James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich, except where noted.
- Atlas, Rise!
- Now That We’re Dead
- Moth into Flame
- Dream no More
- Halo on Fire
- ManUNkind – James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Robert Trujillo
- Here Comes Revenge
- Am I Savage?
- Murder One
- Spit Out the Bone