On November 15, 1970, “Atlantic” label released “Loaded”, the fourth Velvet Underground studio album. It was recorded April–August 1970, at “Atlantic Recording Studios” in New York City, and was produced by Geoff Haslam, Shel Kagan and The Velvet Underground. In 2012, “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked “Loaded” at number 110 on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of all Time”.
- Lou Reed– vocals lead guitar, rhythm guitar, piano
- Doug Yule– bass, piano, keyboards, lead guitar, fuzz bass, drums, percussion, lead and backing vocals
- Sterling Morrison– lead guitar, rhythm guitar, possible backing vocals
- Maureen Tucker– drums, vocals
- Adrian Barber– drums
- Tommy Castagnaro – drums
- Billy Yule– drums
- Adrian Barber – engineer
All tracks by Lou Reed except where noted.
- Who Loves the Sun – Sterling Morrison, Lou Reed, Doug Yule
- Sweet Jane
- Rock & Roll – Sterling Morrison, Lou Reed, Doug Yule
- Cool It Down – Lou Reed, Doug Yule
- New Age
- Head Held High
- Lonesome Cowboy Bill – Sterling Morrison, Lou Reed, Doug Yule
- I Found a Reason
- Train Round the Bend
- Oh! Sweet Nuthin – Lou Reed, Doug Yule
On October 27, 2013, Lewis Allan “Lou” Reed died aged 71. Being musician, singer, and songwriter, both as guitarist, vocalist, and principal songwriter of the Velvet Underground, and with his solo career, he is widely regarded as one of the most important and influential artists in the history of rock music. In 2003, “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked “The Velvet Underground & Nico”, the debut Velvet Underground album at number 13 on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time”; and in 2013, the same magazine included “Transformer” and “Berlin”, two Reed’s albums on the same list. In 2015, Reed was posthumously inducted in the “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame”.
On March 12, 1967, “Verve Records” released The Velvet Underground debut album “Velvet Underground & Nico”.The album material was recorded in 1966 during Andy Warhol’s “Exploding plastic inevitable multimedia” event tour. The album was produced by Andy Warhol and Tom Wilson.Thanks to inventing experimental performances sensibility in the music and controversial subjects in the songs lyrics including drug abuse, prostitution, sadism and masochism and sexual deviancy, the album gained status of one of the most influential and critically acclaimed albums in history in the modern music. Magazine “Rolling Stone” ranked the album at number 13 on its list of the “500 greatest albums of all time”.
- Lou Reed– lead vocals, backing vocals, lead guitar , ostrich guitar
- Sterling Morrison– rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals
- John Cale– electric viola, piano, bass guitar, backing vocals, celesta, hissing, sound effects
- Maureen Tucker– percussion , drums, tambourine, bass drum
- Nico – chanteuse, backing vocals
All compositions by Lou Reed unless otherwise noted.
- Sunday morning – Lou Reed and John Cale
- I’m waiting for the man
- Femme fatale
- Venus in furs
- Run run run
- All tomorrow’s [arties
- There she goes again
- I’ll be your mirror
- The black angel’s death song
- European son
On February 22, 1987, Andrew Warhola (Andy Warhol) died aged 58. Being the main figure in the art movement known as “Pop art” he explored the relation between artistic expression, celebrity culture and advertisement that flourished by the 1960s. He founded “Interview Magazine” and managed and produced the “Velvet Underground”, one of the most influential bands in the history of the modern music. His studio, “The Factory”, was gathering place for distinguished intellectuals, drag queens, playwrights,Bohemian street people, Hollywood celebrities, and wealthy patrons. After a successful career as a commercial illustrator, Warhol became a renowned and sometimes controversial artist. The “Andy Warhol Museum” in his native city, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, holds hige collection of art and archives. It is the largest museum in the United States dedicated to a single artist.
On November 12, 1965, Velvet Underground had live debut performing at “Summit High School”, New Jersey. The band honorary was $75.