On June 18, 1996, “Epic” label released “Just Like You”, the third Keb’ Mo’ studio album. It was recorded in 1996, and was produced by John Porter. In 1997, “Just Like You” won the “Grammy Award” for “Best Contemporary Blues Album”.
- Keb’ Mo’ – vocals, guitar, harmonica
- James “Hutch” Hutchinson- bass guitar
- Tommy Eyre- keyboards; 11-string guitar
- Laval Belle, Ricky Fataar- drums
- Munyungo Jackson – percussion
- Jackie Farris, Jean McClain – backing vocals
- John Porter- dobro
- Larry David – harmonica
- Darrell Leonard – trumpet
- Jim Price – trombone
- Jim Gordon – clarinet
All tracks by Kevin Moore (Keb’ Mo’), except where noted.
- That’s Not Love – Georgina Graper, Kevin Moore
- Perpetual Blues Machine – Georgina Graper, Kevin Moore
- More Than One Way Home –John Lewis Parker, Kevin Moore
- I’m on Your Side
- Just Like You – Georgina Parker, Kevin Moore
- You Can Love Yourself
- Dangerous Mood – Candy Parton, Kevin Moore
- The Action
- Hand It Over
- Standin’ at the Station – Phil Ramocon, Kevin Moore
- Momma, Where’s My Daddy?- Lori Barth, Kevin Moore
- Last Fair Deal Gone Down – Robert Johnson
- Lullaby Baby Blues – Georgina Graper, Kevin Moore
On November 7, 2006, “Duck” label released “The Road to Escondido”, album by J.J. Cale, Eric Clapton and Simon Climie. It was recorded in August 2005, and was produced by J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton. The album features the final Billy Preston recordings, to whom the “The Road to Escondido” Is dedicated. In 2008, the album won “Grammy Award” for “Best Contemporary Blues Album”. “The Road to Escondido” was certified Platinum in Denmark by “IFPI Denmark”; Platinum in Germany by “BVMI”; 2 x Platinum in Greece by “IFPI Greece”, and 2 x Platinum in New Zealand by “RMNZ”.
- JJ Cale: guitars, keyboards, vocals.
- Eric Clapton: guitars, vocals, concept.
- Derek Trucks: guitar
- Jim Karstein: drums, percussion.
- James Cruce: drums, Percussion.
- Pino Palladino: bass guitar
- Steve Jordan: drums
- Abe Laboriel, Jr: drums
- Gary Gilmore: bass guitar.
- Willie Weeks: bass guitar.
- John Mayer: guitar
- Albert Lee: guitar
- Billy Preston: Hammond Organ, Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer.
- Walt Richmond: piano
- Doyle Bramhall II: guitar
- Nathan East: Bass guitar.
- Christine Lakeland: guitar, vocals.
- Simon Climie: piano
- David Teegarden: piano
- Taj Mahal: harmonica
- Dennis Caplinger: fiddle
- Bruce Fowler: horns
- Marty Grebb: horns
- Steve Madaio: horns
- Jerry Peterson: horns
- Simon Climie: programming, digital editing
- Alan Douglas: engineer
- Bob Ludwig: mastering
- Lee Dickson: guitar techician
- Catherine Roylance: art direction
- Joel Evenden: digital editing
All tracks by J.J. Cale except where noted.
- Heads in Georgia
- Missing Person
- When This War Is Over
- Sporting Life Blues – Brownie McGhee
- Dead End Road
- It’s Easy
- Hard to Thrill – Eric Clapton,John Mayer
- Anyway the Wind Blows
- Three Little Girls – Eric Clapton
- Don’t Cry Sister
- Last Will and Testament
- Who Am I Telling You?
- Ride the River