On May 2, 1983, “Factory” label releases “Power, Corruption & Lies”, the second New Order studio album. It was recorded in November 1982, at “Britannia Row” in Islington, and was produced by Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris and Gillian Gilbert. “Rolling Stone” magazine included “Power, Corruption & Lies” in the list of the top 100 albums of the 1980s.
- Bernard Sumner– vocals, guitars, melodica, synthesizers and programming
- Peter Hook– 4- and 6-stringed bass, electronic percussion
- Stephen Morris– drums, synthesizers and programming
- Gillian Gilbert– synthesizers and programming, guitars
- Michael Johnson – engineering
- Barry Sage and Mark Boyne – assistants
All tracks by New Order, except where noted.
- Age of Consent
- We All Stand
- The Village
- Your Silent Face
- Leave Me Alone