On May 2, 1983, “Factory” label releases “Power, Corruption & Lies”, the second New Order studio album. It was recorded in November 1982, at “Britannia Row” in Islington, and was produced by Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris and Gillian Gilbert. “Rolling Stone” magazine included “Power, Corruption & Lies” in the list of the top 100 albums of the 1980s.
- Bernard Sumner– vocals, guitars, melodica, synthesizers, programming
- Gillian Gilbert– synthesizers, guitars, programming
- Peter Hook– 4- and 6-stringed bass, electronic percussion
- Stephen Morris– drums, synthesizers, programming
- Michael Johnson – engineer
- Barry Sage, Mark Boyne – engineer assistant
All tracks by Bernard Sumner, Gillian Gilbert, Peter Hook and Stephen Morris.
- Age of Consent
- We All Stand
- The Village
- Your Silent Face
- Leave Me Alone