On October 9, 1979, “Mulligan Records” released “The Fine Art of Surfacing”, the third Boomtown Rats album. It was recorded in 1979, and was produced by Robert John “Mutt” Lange and Phil Wainman. The album contained the track “I Don’t Like Mondays”, that became band’s trademark song.
- Bob Geldof– vocals, saxophone
- Pete Briquette– bass, vocals
- Gerry Cott– guitar
- Johnnie Fingers– keyboards, vocals
- Simon Crowe– drums, vocals
- Garry Roberts– guitar, vocals
All compositions by Bob Geldof, except where noted.
- Someone’s Looking at You
- Diamond Smiles
- Wind Chill Factor (Minus Zero)
- Having My Picture Taken – Bob Geldof, Pete Briquette
- Sleep (Fingers’ Lullaby) – Johnnie Fingers
- A hidden track(with lyrics including “that’s not funny, I’m not laughing”), on the original LP playing through to the run-out groove.
- I Don’t Like Mondays
- Nothing Happened Today
- Keep It Up – Bob Geldof, Gerry Cott
- Nice N Neat
- When the Night Comes