On July 23, 1996, “Supreme Recordings” label released “Songs for a Blue Guitar”, the fifth Red House Painters studio album. It was recorded 1995 – 1996, at “Record Two Studios” in Mendocino County, Comptche, California, “Hyde Street Studios” and “Polk Street Recording” in San Francisco, and was produced by Mark Kozelek.
- Mark Kozelek – vocals, guitar, piano
- Stephanie Finch – backing vocals
- Mark Needham – recording engineer.
- Billy Anderson– engineer.
- Darren Mora, Dale Lawton – second engineer
- John Golden – mastering
- Michele Turriani.- photography
- Paul McMenamin (at v23) – art direction, design
All tracks by Mark Kozelek, except where noted.
- Have You Forgotten
- Song for a Blue Guitar
- Make Like Paper
- Priest Alley Song
- I Feel the Rain Fall
- Long Distance Runaround – Jon Anderson
- All Mixed Up – Ric Ocasek
- Revelation Big Sur
- Silly Love Songs – Paul McCartney