On July 16, 1971, “Vertigo” label released “Acquiring the Taste”, the second Gentle Giant studio album. It was recorded January–April 1971, at “Advision Studios” and “A.I.R. Studios” in London, and was produced by Tony Visconti.
- Gary Green – 6-string electric guitar, electric guitars, 12 string electric guitar, 12 string electric wah-wah guitar, mandolin , bass , donkey’s jawbone , cat calls , voice
- Kerry Minnear – Minimoog , piano , Hammond organ , Mellotron, harpsichord, electric piano, celeste , clavichord , xylophone, vibraphone, tympani, cello, maracas, tambourine, lead vocals, vocals
- Derek Shulman – alto saxophone, clavichord, cowbell, lead vocals
- Phil Shulman – clarinet, trumpet, alto & tenor saxophone, piano, claves, maracas, lead vocals, vocals
- Ray Shulman – bass, violin, violins, viola, electric violin, Spanish guitar, 12 string guitars , tambourine, skulls, organ bass pedals, vocals
- Martin Smith – drums, tambourine, gong, side drum
- Paul Cosh – trumpet, organ
All tracks by Kerry Minnear, Derek Shulman, Phil Shulman, and Ray Shulman.
- Pantagruel’s Nativity
- Edge of Twilight
- The House, the Street, the Room
- Acquiring the Taste
- The moon is Down
- Black Cat
- Plain Truth