On September 9, 1971, “Apple” label released “Imagine”, the second John Lennon studio album. It was recorded February – July , 1971 at the “Ascot Sound Studios”, Surrey; “Abbey Road Studios”, London and “Record Plant” in New York City, and was produced by John Lennon, Yoko Ono and Phil Spector. The album was ranked at number 80 on the “Rolling Stone” magazine’s list of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time”.
- John Lennon – vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, piano; whistling, ;harmonica
- George Harrison – electric and slide guitar, dobro
- Ted Turner, Rod Linton – acoustic guitars
- Joey Molland, Tom Evans– acoustic guitars
- Rod Linton, Andy Davis – acoustic guitar
- Michael Pinder– tambourine
- Nicky Hopkins– piano, electric piano
- John Tout- piano
- Steve Brendell – upright bass, maracas
- Klaus Voormann– bass, upright bass
- Alan White– drums, Tibetan cymbals, vibraphone
- Jim Keltner– drums
- Jim Gordon– drums
- King Curtis– saxophone
- John Barham– harmonium, vibraphone
- The Flux Fiddlers– orchestral strings
- Phil Spector– backing vocals
All tarcks by John Lennon, except where noted.
- Crippled Inside
- Jealous Guy
- It’s So Hard
- I Don’t Wanna be a Soldier
- Gimme Some Truth
- Oh My Love – John Lennon, Yoko Ono
- How Do You Sleep?
- Oh Yoko!