On September 9, 1971, “Apple” label released “Imagine”, the second John Lennon solo studio album. It was recorded February – July , 1971 at the “Ascot Sound Studios”, Surrey; “Abbey Road Studios”, London and “Record Plant” in New York City, and was produced by John Lennon, Yoko Ono and Phil Spector. The album features the track “Imagine”, one of Lennon’s most popular compositions. The album was ranked at number 80 on the “Rolling Stone” magazine’s list of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time”.
- John Lennon– vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, piano; whistling; ;harmonica
- George Harrison– electric and slide guitar; dobro
- Nicky Hopkins– piano; electric piano
- Klaus Voormann– bass, upright bass
- Alan White– drums; Tibetan cymbals; vibraphone
- Jim Keltner– drums
- Jim Gordon– drums
- King Curtis– saxophone
- John Barham– harmonium; vibraphone
- John Tout- piano
- Ted Turner, Rod Linton – acoustic guitars
- Joey Molland, Tom Evans– acoustic guitars
- Rod Linton, Andy Davis – acoustic guitars
- The Flux Fiddlers– orchestral strings
- Phil Spector– backing vocals
- Michael Pinder– tambourine
- Steve Brendell – upright bass; maracas
All tarcks by John Lennon, except “Oh My Love” by John Lennon and Yoko Ono.
- Crippled Inside
- Jealous Guy
- It’s So Hard
- I Don’t Wanna be a Soldier
- Gimme Some Truth
- Oh My Love
- How Do You Sleep?
- Oh Yoko!