On July 15, 1983, “Mercury” label released “The Crossing”, the debut Big Country studio album. It was recorded in May 1983, at “The Manor” in Oxfordshire, “RAK Studios” in London, and was produced by Steve Lillywhite. In December 1983, “The Crossing” was certified Platinum in Canada by “CRIA”, and in February 1984 it was certified Platinum in UK by the “BPI”.
- Stuart Adamson– vocals, guitar, piano, e-bow
- Bruce Watson– guitar, mandolin, sitar, vocals, e-bow
- Tony Butler– bass, vocals
- Mark Brzezicki– drums, percussion, vocals
All tracks by Stuart Adamson, Mark Brzezicki, Tony Butler, Bruce Watson, except where noted.
- In a Big Country
- 1000 Stars
- The Storm
- Harvest Home
- Lost Patrol
- Close Action
- Fields of Fire (400 Miles)