On June 2, 1978, “Columbia” label released “Darkness on the Edge of Town”, the fourth Bruce Springsteen studio album. It was recorded October 1977 – March 1978, at “Record Plant Studios” in New York, and was produced by Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau, and Steven Van Zandt.
In 2003, “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked “Darkness on the Edge of Town” at number 151 on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of all Time”. The album was certified 3 x Platinum in the US by the “RIIA’.
- Bruce Springsteen– lead vocals, lead guitar, harmonica
- Roy Bittan– piano, backing vocals
- Clarence Clemons– saxophone, backing vocals
- Danny Federici– organ, glockenspiel
- Garry Tallent– bass guitar
- Steve Van Zandt– rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Max Weinberg– drums
- Jimmy Iovine– engineer, mixing
- Thom Panunzio– assistant engineer
- Chuck Plotkin– mixing
- Mike Reese– mastering
- Frank Stefanko– photography
All tracks by Bruce Springsteen.
- Adam Raised a Cain
- Something in the Night
- Candy’s Room
- Racing in the Street
- The Promised Land
- Streets of Fire
- Prove it All Night
- Darkness on the Edge of Town