On December 7, 1973, “Atlantic” label released “Tales from Topographic Oceans”, the sixth Yes studio album. It was recorded in 1973, at the “Morgan Studios” in London, and was produced by Eddy Offord, Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Rick Wakeman and Alan White. Rick Wakeman disagreed with the direction that Yes took and spent little time writing and recording with them, and he left the band in 1974.
- Jon Anderson– lead vocals, harp, drums, percussion
- Steve Howe– guitars, vocals
- Chris Squire– bass guitar, timpani, vocals
- Rick Wakeman– Minimoog synthesiser, Mellotron, Hammond organ, pipe organ, RMI Electra Piano, grand piano
- Alan White– drums, percussion, piano
- Guy Bidmead – tapes
- Mansell Litho – plates
- Roger Dean– cover design, illustrations
All lyrics by Jon Anderson and Steve Howe, all music by Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Rick Wakeman and Alan White.
- The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn)
- The Remembering (High the Memory)
- The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)
- Ritual (Nous Sommes du Soleil)