On October 2, 1979, “A&M” label released “Reggatta de Blanc”, the second Police studio album. It was ecorded February – August 1979, at the “Surrey Sound Studios”, and was produced by Nigel Gray, Sting, Andy Summers, and Stewart Copeland. In 1980, the title track brought the band their first “Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance”. In 2012, “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked “Reggata de Blanc” No. 372 on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of all Time”.
- Sting – lead and backing vocals, bass guitar, double bass
- Andy Summers – guitar, piano, backing vocals
- Stewart Copeland – lead and backing vocals, drums, guitar, piano, spoken word
All tracks by Sting, except where noted.
- Message in a Bottle
- Reggata de Blanc – Andy Summers, Sting, Stewart Copeland
- It’s Alright for You – Sting, Stewart Copeland
- Bring on the Night
- Deathwish – Andy Summers, Sting, Stewart Copeland
- Walking on the Moon
- On Any Other Day – Stewart Copeland
- The Bed’s Too Big Without You
- Does Everyone Stare
- No Time This Time