On June 5, 2009, “RCA” label released “West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum”, the third Kasabian studio album. It was recorded 2008 – 2009, at “Orangutan Studios” in Greensboro, North Carolina, “E-Land Mig Studios” in Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, “Lookout Studios” in San Francisco, California, and was produced by Dan the Automator and Sergio Pizzorno. In October 2009, it was voted the best album of the year by “Q” magazine.
- Tom Meighan– lead vocals
- Sergio Pizzorno– lead and backing vocals, lead and rhythm guitar, synths, programming
- Chris Edwards– bass guitar
- Ian Matthews– drums
- Dan the Automator– additional programming
- Jay Mehler– additional guitar
- Tim Carter – additional guitar, keyboards, percussion
- Daniel Ralph Martin – additional guitar, piano
- Rosario Dawson– co-lead vocals
- Ben Kealey– additional keyboards
- Rosie Danvers – strings direction
- Wired Strings – strings
All tracks by Sergio Pizzorno, except where noted.
- Where Did All the Love Go?
- Fast Fuse
- Take Aim
- Thick as Thieves
- West Ryder Silver Bullet
- Vlad the Impaler
- Ladies and Gentlemen, Roll the Dice
- Secret Alphabets – Sergio Pizzorno, Helmut Zacharias