On September 29, 1979, “Virgin” label released “The Crack”, the debut Ruts album. It was recorded in 1979, at “Town House” in London, and was produced by Mick Glossop, Bob Sargeant, Paul Fox, Malcolm Owen, Dave Ruffy and John Jennings.
- Malcolm Owen – vocals
- Paul Fox – guitar, backing vocals; occasional organ
- John “Segs” Jennings – bass guitar, backing vocals; piano
- Dave Ruffy – drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Richard Mannah, Bertie, Pocky, Rocky – backing vocals
- Mick Glossop – synthesizer effects
- Gary Barnacle – saxophone
- Luke Tunney – trumpet
- Mick Glossop – engineer, mixing
- Paul Fox, Malcolm Owen, Dave Ruffy, John Jennings – cover concept
- John H. Howard – front cover painting
All tracks by Paul Fox, Malcolm Owen, Dave Ruffy and John Jennings except where noted.
- Babylon’s Burning
- Dope for Guns
- U.S. – Paul Fox, Malcolm Owen, Dave Ruffy, John Jennings, Richard Mannah
- Something That I Said
- You’re Just A..
- It Was Cold
- Savage Circle
- Jah War
- Criminal Mind
- Out of Order
- Human Punk – recorded live at “The Marquee” in London