On September 12, 2006, “Sound Grammar” label released “Sound Grammar”, the 50th Ornette Coleman album as a band leader. It was recorded live on October 14, 2005, in Ludwigshafen, Germany, and was produced by Ornette Coleman and Michaela Deiss. In 2007, the album won the 2007 “Pulitzer Prize for Music”.
- Ornette Coleman- alto saxophone, violin, trumpet
- Denardo Coleman- drums, percussion
- Gregory Cohen- bass
- Tony Falanga – bass
All tracks by Ornette Coleman.
- Intro – (MC’s spoken introduction)
- Sleep Talking – (a.k.a. “Sleep Talk” from Of Human Feelings)
- Turnaround – (a.k.a. “Turnabout” from Tomorrow Is the Question!)
- Matador – (a.k.a. “Picolo Pesos” from Sound Museum)
- Waiting for You – (a.k.a. “House of Stained Glass” from Colors)
- Call to Duty – (has been performed live under the title “Crying Without Tears”)
- Once Only – (a.k.a. “If I Only Knew as Much About You” from Tone Dialing)
- Song X – (from Song X)