In March 1969, “MGM” label released the third, self-titled Velvet Underground album. It was recorded November – December 1968, at “T.T.G. Studios” in Hollywood, and was produced by Lou Reed, Doug Yule, Sterling Morrison and Maureen Tucker. In 2003, “Rolling Stone” magazine ranked the album at number 314 on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time”.
- Lou Reed– lead and rhythm guitar, piano, lead and co-vocals
- Doug Yule– bass guitar, organ, lead vocals on “Candy Says”, chorus co-vocals, backing vocals
- Sterling Morrison– rhythm and lead guitar, verse co-vocals, backing vocals
- Maureen Tucker– percussion, lead vocals, chorus co-vocals, backing vocals
All tracks by Lou Reed.
- .Candy Says
- What Goes On
- Some Kinda Love
- Pale Blue Eyes
- Beginning to See the Light
- I’m Set Free
- That’s the Story of My Life
- The Murder Mystery
- After Hours