In February 1981, “Sire” label released “My Life in the Bush of Ghosts”, album by Brian Eno and David Byrne. It was recorded August 1979 – October 1980, and was produced by Brian Eno and David Byrne. The album is named after Amos Tutuola’s 1954 novel of the same name. The album cover design was by Peter Saville.
- David Byrne, Brian Eno– guitars, bass guitars, synthesizers, drums, percussion, found objects
- John Cooksey – drums
- Chris Frantz– drums
- Robert Fripp– Frippertronics
- Michael “Busta Cherry” Jones – bass
- Dennis Keeley – bodhrán
- Bill Laswell– bass
- Mingo Lewis – batá, sticks
- Prairie Prince– can, bass drum
- José Rossy – congas, agong-gong
- Steve Scales – congas, metals
- David Van Tieghem– drums, percussion, scrap metal, found objects
- Tim Wright– click bass
- Rookson “Help Me Somebody” courtesy of April Potts, recorded at Eglingham Hall
All tracks by Brian Eno and David Byrne, except where noted.
- America is Waiting
- Mea Culpa
- Regiment – Brian Eno, David Byrne, Michael “Busta Cherry”Jones
- Help Me Somebody
- The Jezebel Spirit
- Moonlight in Glory
- The Carrier
- A Secret Life
- Come With Us
- America Is Waiting” – Unidentified indignant radio host (Ray Taliaferroof KGO NEWSTALK AM 810), San Francisco, April 1980.
- “Mea Culpa” – Inflamed caller and smooth politician replying, both unidentified. Radio call-in show, New York, July 1979″
- Regiment” – Dunya Yunis [sic], Lebanesemountain singer, from The Human Voice in the World of Islam (Tangent Records TGS131)
- “Help Me Somebody” – Reverend Paul Morton, broadcast sermon, New Orleans, June 1980.
- “The Jezebel Spirit” – Unidentified exorcist, New York, September 1980.
- “Qu’ran” – Algerian Muslims chanting the Qur’an.
- “Moonlight in Glory” – The Moving Star Hall Singers, Sea Island, Georgia. (From The Moving Star Hall Singers, FolkwaysFS 3841), produced by Guy Carawan
- “The Carrier” – Dunya Yunis
- “A Secret Life” – Samira Tewfik, Lebanese popular singer. (from Les Plus Grandes Artistes du Monde Arabe, EMI)
- “Come with Us” – Unidentified radio evangelist, San Francisco, April 1980