On March 22, 1963, “Parlaphone” label released “Please Please Me”, the debut Beatles studio album.It was recorded September 11, November 26, 1962, February 11 – 20, 1963, at “EMI Studios” in London, and was produced by George Martin. The album was released as a mono LP, the stereo version was released on April 26, same year. In 2012, magazine “Rolling Stone” ranked “Please Please Me” at number 39 on its list of the “500 Greatest Albums of All Time.” “Rolling Stone” also ranked two songs from the album on its list of “500 Greatest Songs of All Time” – number 140, “I Saw Her Standing There”, and number 186, “Please Please Me”.
- John Lennon– lead vocals, background vocals, rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, harmonica, hand claps
- Paul McCartney– lead vocals, background vocals, bass guitar, hand claps
- George Harrison– background vocals, lead vocals, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, hand claps
- Ringo Starr– drums, tambourine, maracas, hand claps, lead vocals
- George Martin– producer, mixer, additional arrangements, piano ,celesta
- Norman Smith– audio engineer, mixer
- Andy White– drums, percussion
All tracks by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, except where noted.
- I Saw Her Standing There
- Anna (Go to Him) – Arthur Alexander
- Chains – Gerry Goffin, Carole King
- Boys – Luther Dixon, Wes Farrell
- Ask Me Why
- Please Please Me
- Love Me Do
- P. S. I Love You
- Baby It’s You – Mack David, Barney Williams, Burt Bacharach
- Do You Want to Know a Secret?
- A Taste of Honey – Bobby Scott, Ric Marlow
- There’s a Place
- Twist and Shout – Phil Medley, Bert Russell