On January 30, 1989, “Factory” label released “Technique”, the fifth New Order studio album. It was recorded in 1988, at “Mediterranean Studios” in Ibiza and “Real World Studios”, and was produced by New Order. In 2013 “NME” ranked “Technique” at number 122 on its list of “The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time”. In 2006 “Q” magazine ranked the album at No. 21 on its list of the “40 Best Albums of the ’80s”.
- Bernard Sumner– vocals, guitars, melodica, synthesizers and programming
- Peter Hook– bass, electronic percussion, synthesizers and programming
- Stephen Morris– drums, synthesizers and programming
- Gillian Gilbert– synthesizers and programming, guitars
- Trevor Key – cover design
- Peter Saville– cover design
All tracks by New Order except where noted.
- Fine Time
- All the Way
- Love Less
- Round & Round
- Guilty Painter
- Vanishing Point
- Dream Attack