In March 1958, “Blue Note” label released “The Congregation”, the fourth Johnny Griffin album. It was recorded in October 1957, and was produced by Alfred Lion.
- Johnny Griffin – tenor saxophone
- Sonny Clark – piano
- Paul Chambers – bass
- Kenny Dennis – drums
- Andy Warhol, Reid Miles – cover art
All tracks by Johnny Griffin, except where noted.
- The Congregation
- Latin Quarter – John Jenkins
- I’m Glad There Is You – Jimmy Dorsey, Paul Mertz
- Main Spring
- It’s You or No One – Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne
- I Remember You – Johnny Mercer, Victor Schertzinger