On December 8, 1971, “Impulse!” label released “Black Unity”, the seventh Pharaoh Sanders album. It was recorded in November 1971, and was produced by Lee Young.
- Pharoah Sanders — soprano and tenor saxophone, balafon
- Marvin “Hannibal” Peterson — trumpet
- Carlos Garnett — flute, tenor saxophone
- Joe Bonner — piano
- Stanley Clarke, Cecil McBee — bass
- Norman Connors, Billy Hart — drums
- Lawrence Killian — conga, balafon, talking drum, percussion
- Tony May — engineer
- Erick Labson — remastering
- Hollis King — art direction
- Christine Lee — graphic design
- Chuck Stewart — photography
All tracks by Pharaoh Sanders.
- Black Unity (part one)
- Black Unity (part two)