In May 1967, “Atlantic” label released “Backlash”, the 14th Freddie Hubbard album. It was recorded in October 1966, at “Atlantic Studios” in New York City, and was produced by Arif Mardin.
- Freddie Hubbard- trumpet, flugelhorn
- James Spaulding- flute, alto saxophone
- Albert Dailey- piano
- Bob Cunningham- bass
- Otis Ray Appleton– drums
- Ray Barretto– percussion
All tracks by Freddie Hubbard except where noted.
- Backlash – Donald Pickett
- The Return of the Prodigal Son – Harold Ousley
- Little Sunflower
- On the Que-Tee
- Up Jumped Spring
- Echoes of Blue – Bob Cunningham