In January 1972, “Warner Bros” label released the debut, self-titled Malo album. It was recorded in 1971, at “Pacific Recording Studios” in San Mateo, California, and was produced by David Rubinson.
- Arcelio García, Jr. – vocals, percussion.
- Jorge Santana – vocals, guitar
- Abel Zarate – vocals, guitar
- Pablo Tellez – bass guitar, percussion.
- Richard Kermode – keyboards, electric piano, Hammond organ, piano.
- Richard Spremich – drums, percussion.
- Coke Escovedo – timbales, Percussion.
- Victor Pantoja – conga, bongos, percussion.
- Luis Gasca – trumpet, flugelhorn, vocals.
- Roy Murray – flute, trombone, trumpet, soprano sax.
- Richard Bean – vocals, percussion, timbales.
- David Rubinson – engineer, mixing
- Fred Catero, Jeremy Zatkin – assistant engineer.
- Chris Whorf – art direction
- John & Barbara Casado – design
- Victor Alemán – photography
- Jesus Helguera – front cover
- Pana – Arcelio García Jr., Abel Zarate
- Just Say Goodbye – Rodgers Grant, Luis Gasca
- Café – Jorge Santana, Arcelio García Jr., Pablo Tellez
- Nena – Arcelio García Jr., Pablo Tellez, Abel Zarate
- Suavecito – Richard Bean, Pablo Tellez, Abel Zarate
- Peace – Arcelio Garcia Jr., Pablo Tellez, Ismael Versoza, Abel Zarate