In October 1973, “Sovereign” label released “Ashes Are Burning”, the fourth Renaissance studio album. It was recorded April – August, at “De Lane Lea Studios” in London, and was produced by Dick Plant, Annie Haslam, John Tout, John Camp and Terence Sullivan.
- Annie Haslam– lead and backing vocals
- Andy Powell– guitar
- John Tout – keyboards, backing vocals
- John Camp – co-lead and backing vocals, bass
- Terence Sullivan – drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Michael Dunford – acoustic guitar
- Richard Hewson– strings arrangements
- Dick Plant – engineer
- Richard Goldblatt – engineer assistant
- Hipgnosis– design
All tracks by Michael Dunford and Betty Thatcher, except where noted.
- Can You Understand?
- Let It Grow
- On the Frontier – Jim McCarty, Betty Thatcher
- Carpet of the Sun
- At the Harbour
- Ashes Are Burning