In August 1983, “Some Bizzare, Virgin” labels released “The Crackdown”, the fifth Cabaret Voltaire studio album. It was recorded in 1983, and was produced by Flood, David Ball, Stephen Mallinder, Richard H. Kirk and Alan Fish.
- David Ball- keyboards, drum programming, tape operation
- Stephen Mallinder– vocals, bass guitar, trumpet, grand piano
- Richard H. Kirk– synthesizer, guitar, clarinet, saxophone, shakuhachi, Japanese bamboo flute grand piano
- Alan Fish – drums, percussion
- Flood– engineering
- George Peckham – mastering
- Ken Prust, Neville Brody– sleeve typography
- Phil Barnes – sleeve illustration
All tracks by Richard H. Kirk and Stephen Mallinder.
- In the Shadows
- Talking Time
- Over and Over
- Just Fascination
- Why Kill Time (When You Can Kill Yourself)