In April 1974, “Transatlantic” label released “Midnight Mushrumps”, the second Gryphon studio album. It was recorded in January 1974, at “Chipping Norton Recording Studios” in Oxfordshire, and was produced by Richard Harvey, Brian Gulland, Graeme Taylor, Philip Nestor and David Oberlé.
- Richard Harvey– recorders (sopranino, descant, treble & tenor), krumhorns (soprano, alto & tenor), harmonium, pipe organ, grand piano, harpsichord, electric pianos, toy piano, keyboard glockenspiel, mandolin, v
- Brian Gulland– bassoon, bass krumhorn, tenor recorder, keyboards, vocals,
- Graeme Taylor– guitars (acoustic, semi-acoustic, classical, electric & 12-string), vocals
- Philip Nestor– bass guitars, v
- David Oberlé– drums, timpani, percussion, lead vocals
- Dave Grinsted – engineer
- Midnight Mushrumps – Richard Harvey
- The Plough-Boy’s Dream – t arr. by Richard Harvey, Brian Gulland, Graeme Taylor, Philip Nestor and David Oberlé.
- The Last Flash of Gaberdine Taylor – Graeme Taylor
- Gulland Rock – Brian Gulland
- Dubbel Dutch – Graeme Taylor
- Ethelion – Richard Harvey, Brian Gulland, Graeme Taylor, Philip Nestor and David Oberlé.