On January 23, 2006, “Parlaphone” label released “Keys to the World”, the third Richard Ashcroft studio album. It was recorded in 2005, at the “State of the Ark”, and was produced by Chris Potter and Richard Ashcroft.
- Richard Ashcroft – vocals, guitar, keyboards, design
- Terry Britten – guitar, mandolin, bass
- Martin Slattery – piano
- Jon Hunt – saxophone, flute
- Nick Cooper – cello
- Andrew Haveron, Andy Brown, Ben Nabarro, Cathy Giles, Chris Fish, Chris Vanderspar, David Juritz, Debbie Widdup, Edward Vanderspar, Fenella Barton, Helen Hathorn, Joel Hunter, Jonathan Tunnell, Laura Mellhuish, Martin Burgess, Matthew Ward, Nick Holland, Nick Cooper, Rachel Roberts, Richard George, Tom Kemp – strings
- Arnie Somogyi, John Giblin, Martin Campbell – bass
- Gerry Conway, Pete Salisbury, Steve Sidelnyk – drums
- Julian Kershaw – string arrangements
- Chris West – programming, recording
- Dario Dendi, Dom Morley, Gareth Cobb, Iain Gore, Matt Paul, Rico Petrillo, Rohan Onraet, Will Usher – engineer
- Andy Baldwin, Dan Massey – editing
- Chris Potter – programming, recording, mixing
- Tony Cousins – mastering
- Sonny Ashcroft – painting
- Max Dodson – photography
All tracks by Richard Ashcroft, except where noted.
- Why Not Nothing?
- Music Is Power – Richard Ashcroft, Curtis Mayfield
- Break the Night with Colour
- Words Just Get in the Way
- Keys to the World
- Sweet Brother Malcolm
- Cry Til the Morning
- Why Do Lovers?
- Simple Song
- World Keeps Turning