On October 6, 1972, “Charisma” label released “Foxtrot”, the fourth studio Genesis album. The album was recorded in August and September 1972, at the “Island Studios” in London, and was produced by Dave Hitchcock and Genesis. Side two features “Supper’s Ready”, a 23-minute track that is considered to be one of the band’s best compositions, and the album receive positive critics and was big commercial success.
- Tony Banks– organ, Mellotron, piano, electric piano, 12 string guitar, voices
- Steve Hackett– electric guitar, 6 string guitar, 12 string guitar
- Phil Collins– drums, voices, assorted percussion
- Peter Gabriel– lead voice, flute, bass drum, tambourine, oboe
- Michael Rutherford– bass guitar, bass pedals, cello, 12 string guitar, voices
All tracks by Tony Banks, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, and Mike Rutherford.
- Watcher of the Skies
- Time Table
- Get’ Em Out by Friday
- Can-Utility and the Coastliners
- Supper’s Ready
- Lover’s Leap
- The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man
- Ikhnaton and Itsacon and Their Band of Merry Men
- How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
- Willow Farm
- Apocalypse in 9/8 (Co-Starring the Delicious Talents of Gabble Ratchet)
- As Sure As Eggs Is Eggs (Aching Men’s Feet)