On September 23, 1969, “Enterprise” label released “Hot Buttered Soul”, the second Isaac Hayes studio album. It was recorded in June–July 1969 at the “Ardent Studios” in Memphis, Tennessee, and at the “Tera Shirma Studios”, in Detroit, Michigan, and was produced by Al Bell, Marvell Thomas and Allen Jones.
- Isaac Hayes– vocals, keyboards
- Marvell Thomas– keyboards
- The Bar-Kays– Willie Hall, drums; James Alexander, bass; Michael Toles, guitar
- Walk On By – Burt Bacharach, Hal David
- Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic – Isaac Hayes, Alvertis Isbell
- One Woman – Charles Chalmers, Sandra Rhodes
- By the Time I Get to Phoenix – Jimmy Webb