On September 7, 1979, “Beggars Banquet” label released “The Pleasure principle”, the debut solo album by Gary Numan. The album material was recorded in the first half of 1979 at the “Marcus Music AB”, London, and was produced by Gary Numan.
- Gary Numan– vocals, keyboards (Minimoog, Polymoog, ARP Odyssey), synthetic percussion
- Paul Gardiner– bass
- Chris Payne– keyboards (Minimoog, Polymoog, piano), viola
- Cedric Sharpley– drums, percussion
- Billy Currie– fadeout violin
- Garry Robson– backing vocals
All compositions by Gary Numan.