On October 28, 1997, “Warner Bros” label released “Zaireeka”, the eighth Flaming Lips studio album. It was recorded 1996 – 1997, and was produced by The Flaming Lips, Dave Fridmann and Scott Booker. “Zaireeka” was released on four compact discs including eight songs in total. Each song consists of four stereo tracks, one from each CD. When played simultaneously on four separate audio systems, the four CDs would produce a harmonic or juxtaposed sound. The four compact discs can also be played in different combinations, omitting one, two or three discs.
- Wayne Coyne– vocals, guitar
- Steven Drozd – vocals, drums, guitar, keyboards, orchestration
- Michael Ivins – vocals, bass guitar
- Dave Fridmann– engineering, mastering, mixing
- George Salisbury – layout design
All four discs have identical track listings.
All tracks by The Flaming Lips.
- Okay I’ll Admit That I Really Don’t Understand
- Riding to Work in the Year 2025 (Your Invisible Now)
- Thirty-Five Thousand Feet of Despair
- A Machine in India
- The Train Runs Over the Camel But Is Derailed by the Gnat
- How Will We Know? (Futuristic Crashendos)
- March of the Rotten Vegetables
- The Big Ol’ Bug Is the New Baby Now