In March 1958, “Blue Note” label released “The Congregation”, the fourth Johnny Griffin studio album. It was recorded in October 1957, at “Van Gelder Studio” in Hackensack, New Jersey, and was produced by Alfred Lion.
- Johnny Griffin – tenor saxophone
- Sonny Clark – piano
- Paul Chambers – bass
- Kenny Dennis – drums
All tracks by Johnny Griffin except where noted.
- The Congregation
- Latin Quarter – John Jenkins
- I’m Glad There Is You – Jimmy Dorsey, Paul Mertz
- Main Spring
- It’s You or No One – Sammy Cahn, Jule Styne
- I Remember You – Johnny Mercer, Victor Schertzinger