In September 1977, “Asylum” label released “Foreign Affairs”, the fourth Tom Waits studio album. It was recorded July – August 1977, and was produced by Bones Howe.
- Tom Waits – piano, vocals
- Gene Cipriano – clarinetsolos
- Jim Hughart– bass
- Shelly Manne– drums
- Bette Midler– vocals
- Jack Sheldon– trumpet solos
- Frank Vicari– tenor saxophone solos
All tracks by Tom Waits, except where noted.
- Cinny’s Waltz
- I Never Talk to Strangers
- Medley: Jack & Neal/California, Here I Come – California, Here I Come” by Joseph Meyer, Al Jolsonand Buddy De Sylva
- A Sight for Sore Eyes
- Potter’s Field – lyrics by Tom Waits, music by Bob Alcivar
- Barber Shop
- Foreign Affair