In February 1970, “Charisma” label released “The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other”, the second Van der Graaf Generator album. It was recorded in December 1969, at “Trident Studios” in London, and was produced by John Anthony. The album was ranked at number 15 in the “Q” and “Mojo” “Classic Special Edition Pink Floyd & The Story of Prog Rock” list of “40 Cosmic Rock Albums”
- Peter Hammill– acoustic guitar and lead vocals; piano
- Hugh Banton– Farfisa organ, piano and backing vocals
- Guy Evans– drums and percussion
- Nic Potter– bass guitar and electric guitar
- David Jackson– tenor and alto sax, flute and backing vocals
- Mike Hurwitz –cello
- Gerry Salisbury –cornet
- Van der Graaf Generator – arrangements
- Robin Geoffrey Cable – recording and engineering
All tracks by Peter Hammill, except where noted.
- White Hammer
- Whatever Would Robert Have Said?
- Out of My Book
- After the Flood