On March 14, 1988, “HMV” label released “Viva Hate”, the debut Morrissey studio album. It was recorded October – December 1987, and was produced by Stephen Street.
- Morrissey– vocals, lyricist, sleeve art
- Stephen Street– bass, guitar, songwriter
- Vini Reilly– guitars, music, keyboards
- Andrew Paresi, Richard Koster, Fenella Barton – violin
- Rachel Maguire, Mark Davies, Robert Woolhard – cello
- John Metcalf – viola
- Anton Corbijn, Linder Sterling, Eamon Macabe – photography
- Jo Slee – art coordinator
- Caryn Gough – layout assistance
All tracks by Morrissey.
- Alsatian Cousin
- Little Man, What Now?
- Everyday Is Like Sunday
- Bengali in Platforms
- Angel, Angel Down We Go Together
- Late Night, Maudlin Street
- Break Up the Family
- The Ordinary Boys
- I Don’t Mind If You Forget Me
- Margaret on the Guillotine